I'm Sam Parr and I made CopyThat with my wife Sara.
I used to teach our writers a bit about writing. Then I taught my friends. And finally, I decided to create CopyThat so others can improve their writing.
A little about me
Moved to San Francisco from Tennessee when I was 21.
- Cold emailed the founder of Airbnb (was called Air Bed and Breakfast back then) and he asked me to move out there and work for him.
- Instead, I started a company that sold. Wasn't huge money, but enough.
- With my time off...learned copywriting by doing copywork!
- Then, started a conference called Hustle Con. Tens of thousands of people came over the years. The secret: I wrote great marketing emails and blogs that went viral.
- I started The Hustle, a daily email business. In only ~4 years we scaled to nearly 2m readers a day, 8-figures in annual revenue, and ~40 employees. We never took VC!
- Last year, I sold The Hustle for tens of millions of dollars to HubSpot. The business now has ~75 employees and growing fast!
- I now host The Hustle's podcast, My First Million. We're one of the top 10 most popular business podcasts in the world!
- On the side, I've invested over $10m into startups and am now trying real estate.
And now, I'm tinkering around with CopyThat.
I hope you enjoy CopyThat. Give it a try!